The French Riviera is the hottest and luxurious destination in the world. Stretched along the Mediterranean coastline, French Riviera offers the pleasure all around the year. It’s the hottest spot for rich and famous people. They come here to party and enjoy a relaxed holiday. This place presents world-class cuisines, hot and golden beaches, villas and resorts, and shopping. Also known as Cote d’Azur, French Riviera it is situated in Alp Mountains and has a lot of beautiful places to enjoy. Here are some of the places that you should visit.
- Cannes: This busy city is well renowned for hosting Cannes Film Festival. Some of the spots here are St Marguerite Island, St Honorat Island, and Museums. Here you got to enjoy the tropical beaches in the Mediterranean climate.
- Nice: An ideal place to enjoy your honeymoon with sand beaches, sunset, restaurants, and bars.
- Marseille: One of the oldest and largest cities of South France, it gives to the feel of heritage and cultural life. Here the climate is well blessed by God. The summer season starts earlier than anywhere else and you get to see 300 days of summer. Enjoy the tropical beaches in this favourable climate.
- St. Tropez: One of the hottest destinations of the famous people who come here to relax. This place is well known for glamour and beautiful climate to go with.
- Vence: Located in the east of the French Riviera, this place is famous for its rich vegetation along the Alps mountains. It is one of the preferred locations of artisans. It is well-known for its spring water, which you can collect from any of the fountains here.
French Riviera is also famous for the allure of famous festivals which are held here. Some of the world’s prestigious festivals are:
- Cannes Film Festival: The world renowned festival annually held in May attracts directors, actors, producers, and film industry people from all over the world. It is estimated that this festival is attended by around 30,000 stars each year. Although it is invitation-only festival, some of the showings are open for public, for example on Directors Fortnight.
- Jazz á Juan Festival: It is one of the oldest running jazz festivals. This festival is held each year in July in Juan-les-Pins. Apart from admission fees festivals, some of the free concerts are held by jazz musicians.
- Nice Carnival: It is one of the largest carnival festivals of the world. It is celebrated in Nice in February every year. Giant parades accompanied by around 1,000 musicians and dancers from around the world entertain day and night during the carnival.
- Nice Jazz Festival: Held in July every year in Nice, it is recognized as “the first jazz festival of international significance.” The festival was earlier held in Cimiez and from year 2011 it is being held in Place Masséna. It’s a 5-day festival visited by a great number of people.
If you are planning to have a tremendous and luxurious vacation, French Riviera is a must place to visit. Whether you are fond of natural beauty, glamour world, ancient sculptures, or music, French Riviera has everything to offer. But you have to play your visit well in advance, especially if you plan to take part in any of the festivals.